Thursday, January 1, 2009

School? Really?

Can I still go back? Im not really old or anything but I finished high school little over a decade ago. Now I am told I should go back to school for another degree! I thought I was done with all that stuff. I dumped so much out of my brain the day I graduated and I am not sure if I can get all of it back. I am not a huge fan of english and of course I hate math as much as everyone else, except my wife. She hates it way more than anyone I have ever met. So the time has come. I must go back.......in a way.:) I will be going to an online school! I have found a few ups and downs with this though. First, the positive. No classroom, no 19 year old kid looking at me funny (that does make me feel old), I can be home with my family, no driving all over or rushing becuase its all at my own pace. Then there is the bad. First, no one on one which sometimes is a good thing, its alot of reading which unless its a good book I am not good at, and because I AM a man....the college girls. Awwww, you didn't think I forgot about them did you? But really, This is a huge leap for me and I have so many worries and concerns about all of this. What if I fail?????????
I guess its that whole leap of faith thing but I am human and I can still worry. I think....thought I had a great idea of what I wanted to study but when I started looking into it I find thats what EVERYONE is taking. I'm sure you know someone who is taking some type of homeland security for college. It seems like I am behind the curve on this one and now I worry more! (as if I needed this) Now I question what I want to major in!?!?!?!?! What am I suppossed to do now? Only thing I can do now is stay military but even then I am going to have to get out one day and without a degree of some type I will have to become a famous writer like stephen king (doubtful), greet people at wal-mart (even more doubtful) or having to ask people if they want fries with that ( HELL NO). So what do I do? How do I get off my ass and take the first step. Correction, I have already taken the first one but now my foot is frozen in midair of the second. I am really stuck on this one here. I need to get started on this because I am not getting any younger or smarter. The smarter part I am sure of. I guess I need to take my size 15 and kick myself in the ass and hopefully get that foot to drop. Oh, before I forget....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Yes, I watched the ball drop not from a bar, my house or even New York but on TV. Yes everyone, I am at work AGAIN! I do love getting the drunk phone calls at 12:30 to tell me how much fun everyone else is having. I really do enjoy getting calls from drunk women talking dirty (not my wife but her friend, still sexy though). But it would be more fun if I could be there with everone. I guess someone had to do this. Why not me? Maybe next year I will be WAY to drunk and hopefully asleep at 5am to write a boring post like this one.....nahhhhh. OK everyone I am back to work now.

1 comment:

MrsSimmons said...

No pain!! No gain!! :^) You have done the hardest thing.. making the attempt to go back to school.. Congratulations!!!

ummm dirty phone calls... umm.. Crankybytch is sealing her lips.. lol.. you just given inspiration for a new blog.. :^)