Sunday, December 28, 2008

Long time coming

So I know this took forever and then some to do but here is my long awaited second blog. I have alot to tell so let me begin. Christmas time has come and gone and I have to say it was alot of fun for me. This was my first with my son. Last year this time I was in Iraq and missed spending it with family. The kids got alot of great presents and getting to watch them christmas morning was awsome.
On a sad note my father isnt doing too well. He was diagnosed with congenative heart failure and it doesnt look too good for him. I know everyone dies but I dont know if I am ready for him to go. I dont think I will ever be ready for that matter. I was able to get a few days to go home and see him and to say goodbye to him. I told him if something bad happens I would be back but I wasnt sure if it would be in time. That was a hard conversation to have for me but it needed to be done.
If you read the last blog I posted you will know things were not going so well with the wife but I must say it seems to be getting better. We still argue but not like it was. She has a job that pays good so money shouldnt be a major fighting point for us but now she expects me to be up all day with the kids while she is at work and I just cant do that. I work long hours at night and I dont have a choice, I have to get some sleep. She isnt a big fan of daycare or sitters because over the years I am sure you have all seen the news and how some of them have been caught doing not so nice things to the kids in their care. I dont want to just throw my kids into any old place. I am willing to research them and make sure they are a quality place before letting my kids go there but she has to budge a little bit too. She can't rule that idea out becuase there is no way we can both work and not have a sitter for a few hours a day at least.
Well.....what else.....I am starting my diet again. The holiday season is drawing to an end so its back to the grind for me. I dread having to start running again but I know I shouldn't hate it. Its just hard for me to find the fun in it. In my defense I am trying and I dont plan to quit. I had a friend make a HUGE request and I intend to do it. I was asked to be a private dancer for her birthday party and my wife was actually very cool with it so I want to be in my best physical shape for this. The thought of getting down to my birthday suit for a group of women doesnt scare me but I dont want them to get turned off by it. Dont get me wrong, I am not a nasty blob or anything but I could stand to loose about 15lbs and I have until october to do this so I know I can. Its gonna be a blast and hey, maybe I can make a few dollars out of it. Well thats enough for my ranting tonight. I must get back to work but I had to drop a little something for everyone in blog land......ok ppl,

Do the day, dont let the day do you

Goat

1 comment:

MrsSimmons said...

Sorry to hear about your dad but I'm glad you spent some time with him - I'm glad the marriage is getting better - whats this i hear about dancing... You Go Boy!!!

As for the daycare situation I understand that - people are capable of anything - thats when our faith has to kick in - ask GOD to help find a safe daycare for your kids. HE always make a way..

Don't let so much time lapse before a new post... :^)